Incorrect use of far infrared heating pad will make it stop working, enven worse – cause fire. So, How to use a far infrared heating pad safely and correctly? Today I’d love to share my idea with all of you.
Before Each Use
- Make sure all connections are tight and snug.
- Plug the pad into the wall outlet; it is recommended to use a surge protector.
- Make sure all functions of the digital controller are working correctly.
Preparing for Use
- The user should be in a comfortable position, either sitting or lying down.
- Place a small towel, folded in half, as a protective layer between the user and the stones.
The stones do not need to be touching the skin to be effective. For safety reasons, the stones
should not be touching the skin directly.
Setting the Heat
Depending on the thickness of the protective layers, adjust the temperature to the user’s
tolerance level. The temperature should never be set hotter than what the user can tolerate
Position the pad directly over the affected area. The pad should be placed so that the stones face
the body. The user may do any of the following:
- Lie on the pad.
- Wrap the pad around the affected body part.
- Lay the pad on the body or body part.
REMEMBER: Use a protective layer between the user and the pad. This added protection will
also help to keep the pad clean.
There is no specific protocol for any individual using a heating pad for a specific condition;
however, everyone responds differently to different modalities. It is suggested to limit the use of
the pad to 20 minutes per session of continuous use for the first several weeks to measure the
user’s tolerance to the heat.
When comfortable with the pad, the user can begin to use it for longer durations of continuous
NOTE: The longer the duration, the lower the heat needs to be. Learning to adjust the heat
Cleaning and maintaince of far infrared heating pad
Before Cleaning or Storing the Heating Pad
- Ensure the power cord is disconnected from the power source.
- Disconnect all power cords from the device itself.
- Follow all cleaning, care, and maintenance instructions.
Acceptable Cleaning Methods
- Wipe the pad clean before the initial use and then before and after each use.
- Use a gentle, non-abrasive soap with a slightly moist towel.
- Let the heating pad dry completely before using.
Routine Maintenance for Proper Performance
- Inspect the heating pad before and after each use.
- Examine the surface of the heating pad for any sign of abnormal or excess wear and tear,
including blistering and cracking.
- Examine the power cord for cracks, blisters, frays, or exposed wires.
- To store the heating pad, clean the device, let it dry completely, and place it back into the
supplied travel/storage bag.
- Store the heating pad in a cool, dry place away from any risk of damage while the pad
is not in use.
- Also, only transport the heating pad inside of the provided travel/storage bag.
As a professional manufacturer of far infrared jade and tourmaline heating pad for pain relief and healthcare. I think, on one hand, the manufacturer should produce a good quanlity far infrared heating pad and test it before they sell to customers; on the other hand, customers must read the instructions manual carefully before you use a far infrared heating pad. For a sample purpose- use product safely and give pain relief for pain suffers. UTK always remember it’s mission!
Welcome to visit www.utktechnology.com to learn more information!